De La Creme White Chocolate Cheesecake
A creamy and decadent white chocolate cheesecake infused with our rich and smooth milk stout, De La Creme. This recipe also works well with Hoodblink, Hoodwink or De La Nut.
*Recipe courtesy of Taming Twins https://www.tamingtwins.com*
Prep Time: 10 mins
Chilling Time: 2 hrs
- 175 g Ginger biscuits
- 75 g Butter
- 500 ml Double Cream Whipped until forming soft peaks
- 500 g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 300 g White Chocolate Melted and then cooled to room temperature
- 90 ml chosen Mad Squirrel Stout
- 100 ml Double Cream
- 150 g White chocolate
- About 2 hours before you want to start, bring your cream and cream cheese out of the fridge.
- Crush the biscuits (either with a rolling pin or in a food processor). Mix with the melted butter and press into a cake tin.
- Combine the whipped cream, cream cheese, melted ROOM TEMPERATURE white chocolate and Mad Squirrel Beer. Fold in gently until fully combined.
- Smooth on top of the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife if you have one.
- Chill for 2 hours or even better, over night.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin. Decorate with the remaining whipped cream, grated chocolate and chocolate chunks
- Be SURE to let your melted white chocolate come TOTALLY to room temperature before adding to your mixture. This means, almost cold whilst still runny. This is really important, as if it's too warm, it will form clumps as soon as it hits the cold cream.
- To avoid this even further, try to bring the cream and cream cheese to room temperature before using too.
- Run around the outside of the tin with a warm knife to easily remove the cheesecake.