Crowdcube 2018 investor exclusive - Green Light
As a company we have experienced incredible growth over the last half a dozen years and much of that growth has only been possible through capital raising by means of crowd-funding (as well as private investment). The last round of crowd-funding we did was in the summer of 2018 on the platform CrowdCube. As part of that investment round we promised an exclusive investor only beer, of which individuals who invested £100 or more in that round would be entitled to a number of cans, from two to twenty-four each, depending on the level of their investment.
Our original intention was to get this beer out before the end of 2018, however due to unprecedented demand on our core range beers, particularly $UMO. We were unable to squeeze it into our schedule on time. It is only now, in the last few weeks of 2019 that we have found an appropriate slot in which to dedicate a brew to it, without compromising the supply of our other beers. We sent out an email to qualifying investors a few months ago to ask what style they would like us to brew and the results were overwhelmingly in support of a session IPA.
By investing in Mad Squirrel, you gave us the green light to grow and realise our potential. As a thank you, we have brewed this exclusive session IPA, just for you. Here’s our Green Light to you, Cheers!
Green Light session IPA is 4.5% ABV, 25 IBU’s and features Chinook Citra and Mosaic hops. Due to the time of year and the fact that many of the Crowdcube 2018 investors will be drinking this around Christmas, we have padded the malt bill out with a generous dose of Munich malts to give this session IPA a slightly more robust body and toasty characteristic, befitting the season, whilst not overpowering the tropical fruit, citrus and pine notes of the hops. It is completely exclusive to Crowdcube 2018 investors and will not be sold on tap or in cans in the trade, in our Tap & Bottle Shops or in any other way to anyone else. It is a lovely beer that we are very proud of and hope our Crowdcube 2018 investors will enjoy immensely.
In order to best keep track of who has received their Green Light cans, ensure that all cans are being delivered to the correct addresses, streamline the experience for investors and minimise the workload for our team at this busy time of year we will only be distributing Green Light cans via our web shop. We will not be able to accommodate pickups from either our brewery or any of our other Tap & Bottle Shops, and we will not be able to accept orders via phone, email, social media or via any other means.
How to get your Green Light:
- If you are a Crowdcube 2018 investor of £100 or more you will receive an email in the next couple of days that will clarify how many cans you are due and will have a code on it which can be used in our web shop.
- Green Light is available as a product in our web shop at a nominal cost of 1p per can (the web shop coding and algorithms won’t let us load a free product, however this amount will be deducted once you input your code).
- Please select how many cans you are owed.
- Please note that a packaging and postage charge will be added to your order, we recommend that you supplement your free cans with some other items from our web shop for best value regarding packaging and postage .
- At the checkout please enter your code.
- Please continue to complete the order.
- Your order will be processed at our end and your Green Light cans will be delivered to you via courier within the next 5-7 working days.
Important points to note:
- Green Light is only available to Crowdcube 2018 investors, who invested £100 or more, It is not available to investors below this amount, investors from other rounds or to general customers. If you order this beer and are not a Crowdcube 2018 investor above this value, we will not send out the cans and will not be able to refund the order.
- In order to ensure that we know you are a qualifying investor you must put in the code at checkout, if the code is not entered or not entered correctly, we will not be able to verify your order against your investment and so will not send out the cans or refund the order.
- We have only brewed and canned enough of this beer for each investor to receive their correct allocation. Please do not order any more than your allocation, any amount ordered above your allocation will not be sent out and we will not be able to refund you the difference.
- Due to technical restrictions you will be unable to use multiple codes in the same order. If you have multiple codes within your family, for example, these will need to be processed as separate orders.
- Qualifying investors will have until midnight on Friday 31st January 2020 to claim their cans. Investors who have not claimed before Monday 27th January will be sent a reminder email. For cans that are not claimed we reserve the right to use these for promotional purposes or to put them on general sale.
Green Light is a one-time brew and for those of you who get to try it we really hope you enjoy it. We have certainly enjoyed working on it as a project. For those of you who won’t get to try this there may well be other opportunities to get exclusive investor only beers in the future, watch this space.
To order your Green Light please click here