Coming on a Brewery Tour? Details you need to know
By purchasing a ticket for a brewery tour you are agreeing that you and your group members have read and understood the following:
- We do not send out physical tickets for the tours. Please bring a printout of your confirmation email with you, or have the email ready on your phone to be viewed by a member of staff when checking in.
- We recommend you allow around 2 and a half hours in total including the time for the tour and time in the taproom to drink your beers and have your pizza.
- Not all pizzas will come out at the same time.
- If you have special dietary requirements for your pizza you need to let us know at least a week in advance of your tour. We can accommodate vegan pizzas and gluten-free pizza bases, we cannot accommodate wheat-free pizzas at this time. We use pine nuts as one of our pizza toppings and so we would not recommend those with a serious nut allergy eat with us. We cannot offer any other type of food apart from pizzas and garlic bread.
- Drinks can be taken into the actual brewery, although no glass is allowed in and so it will have to be decanted into a plastic cup first.
- 2 x Soft drinks can be had instead of the 4 x third pints of beer. Cider can be consumed instead of beer, but we cannot offer wine or gin instead of the 4 x thirds, these can be purchased separately in the taproom. Drinks tokens for the tour cannot be exchanged for bottles or cans to take away or be used in any other Mad Squirrel locations.
- There is no seating usually available during the tour of the brewery. If you require seating for ability reasons, please let your tour guide know before the tour starts and we will bring one into the brewery for you. There is ample seating available in the taproom.
- The taproom is wheelchair accessible, elements of the brewery are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware not all of the site is. Disabled toilets are available.
Under 18’s are not allowed on brewery tours, but well-behaved children are allowed in the taproom when accompanied by adults.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed on brewery tours but well-behaved dogs, on leads, are welcome in the taproom. Assistance dogs are allowed on brewery tours.
- There is ample parking available at the brewery, but vehicles are not allowed to be left overnight. The brewery is a short taxi ride from Hemel Hempstead town centre or train station, or Berkhamsted town centre or train station.
- Please wear flat, comfortable, closed-toe shoes for the tour. Breweries do not come with central heating and so the temperature on the tour will be similar to the temperature outside. If it’s cold, we recommend keeping your coat on! There is heating in the taproom.
- Although we do our best to tidy and clean the brewery ahead of brewery tours, we are still a working commercial brewery and as such there may be wet patches on the floor or miscellaneous equipment around. Please watch your step and be aware of your surroundings. Please do not touch any equipment without prior approval from the tour guide.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into the brewery for a tour if it is deemed individuals are heavily intoxicated. Likewise, we reserve the right to refuse service in the taproom at staff discretion.
- The taproom is open throughout the tour and after for purchase of Mad Squirrel products to either drink on-site or takeaway. On Saturdays, last orders will be called at 6:30, time will be called at 6:45 and you will need to be off-site by 7pm when the farm gate automatically closes.
- Drinks are allowed outside on our terrace, but open drinks are not allowed into the car park or any other part of the farm. We kindly request that customers do not walk around other areas of the farm.
- We have nearby residential neighbours and so we kindly ask that whenever you visit us, please leave quietly.
- If you book for a tour and then will not be able to make it, please let us know as early as possible. We cannot offer refunds on brewery tour tickets within 48 hours before the tour. For Private group tours, we cannot offer refunds within 72 hours of the tour.