Sales & Events Manager
Location: Mad Squirrel Brewery, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 2SG
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
As part of our continual evolution, we are now recruiting for a Sales & Events Manager to help further build the companies revenues and profile.
Sales tasks include
- Relationship building and liaising with current and prospective customers to ensure repeat sale, volume growth, increased rate of sale, brand visibility and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities in various regions and markets.
- Introduce new products and seasonal brands to new and existing customers.
- Feedback key knowledge of market opportunities and customer trends to the sales and production departments.
Events tasks include
- Booking in the brewery for various events, liaising with organisers and negotiating on pitch fees, revenue splits etc, Typical events throughout the year will include beer festivals, music festivals, firework displays, food festivals, street parties, private functions, trade events, tap takeovers, meet the brewer, Christmas markets and more.
- Preparing and running bars at events including licensing compliance, stock allocation, transportation, set up, cash handling, POS materials, bar breakdown etc.
- Representing Mad Squirrel at events, being the ‘ace and the voice of the company.
- Manage and maintain equipment required for events
- Develop and manage the event run sheets, rotas and checklists, and complete post-event evaluations.
- Be able to host and conduct brewery tours on occasion if required.
This is a full-time position and a crucial role in a small team and so it will be expected that the successful applicant will be able to hit the ground running and create a positive impact early on. The role involves regular evening and weekend work and some travel.
Ideal candidate credentials:
- Previous experience in a sales and/or events position.
- An interest in craft beer and keen to work in a rapidly developing company.
- Enthusiastic and personable, hands-on and hardworking.
- Able to show initiative and flexibility.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Clean drivers’ licence.
- Very competitive salary, based on experience.
- Qualification for a bonus after a three-month probational period.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Company beer discounts
Please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Mad Squirrel and what you could bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please e-mail email@example.com.