Location: Unit 18, Boxted Farm, Berkhamsted Road, Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom, HP1 2SG
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full Time
LEAD BREWER (Biggest Opportunity so far in 2021)
Mad Squirrel Brewery, is consistently one of the most innovative and contemporary SALSA accredited breweries in the south east, positioned near London and brewing on a sophisticated and modern brewing plant, is looking for a dynamic, people orientated Senior Brewer who will be replacing our long-standing lead brewer, who unfortunately due to Covid-19 has had to return to his native Australia and he will be much missed by all concerned at Mad Squirrel especially for his very dry sense of humour. If you believe you’re the right person to replace our Aussie friend and are excited by this opportunity and you have the ability to demonstrate to us your excellent brewing skills, together with showing us your great sense of humour, we would be delighted to hear back from you. Further information is outlined below including our comprehensive package on the role in question. Closing date for all applications is on the 19th February 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing a perfectly formed small brewing team and reporting to the Brewing Director.
- Ensuring that all standards of health and safety and food grade processes are maintained to the highest level.
- Big time attention to detail on the hygiene process both within the brewing process and aesthetically in terms of the appearance of the brewery and the general brewing plant.
- The ability to multi task and be prepared to brew sophisticated and stylish beers together with working on the canning line to get the job done.
- Minimum of 2-3 years brewing experience in a good quality operation.
- Brewing/scientifically related degree or brewing IBD diploma qualified.
- Leadership skills and experience in a well-known craft brewery.
- Very good team player and communicator.
- Experience in working to a quality system (SALSA).
- Very Creative and ability to work very closely with the company beer buyer.
- A positive and can-do attitude is a must.
Advantageous but not necessarily required
- Experienced in sensory analysis.
- HACCP qualified.
- Fork truck licence.
- Experience in using Brewman (Premier system)
What we offer
- Starting basic Salary of between £30-34K per annum depending on experience.
- 22 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- A cash monthly beer allowance.
- 15% discount off all tap rooms through membership card.
- 50% cash discount off Pizza and food plus membership points.
- Company Pension scheme.
- One-bedroom fully furnished apartment at a subsidised rent in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. (Berkhamsted is close proximity to the brewery and is one of the most desirable towns outside London, with easy excess to all main line stations.
No application will be accepted if received after the 19th February 2021.
To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.