Location: Unit 18, Boxted Farm, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 2SG
Salary: £25,500 - £27,000
Job Type: Full-time
About Mad Squirrel:
We are Mad Squirrel; a forward thinking, contemporary brewery based just outside London with easy excess to the motorway and railway network. Mad Squirrel has shown continuous growth and has evolved into one of the leading Micro breweries in the South East of England with craft beer brands such $umo APA, Roadkill NEIPA and Native Helles Lager.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented individual to join our company and take our company brand design aspirations to the next level. This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative person who is driven by brand development within the craft beer sector and has the requisite skills to produce outstanding work for print and digital release. As a designer you will have a great eye for detail and will work closely with all members of our marketing team to help create eye-catching designs and graphics for a variety of needs across Mad Squirrel. Furthermore, this opportunity offers an exciting and fast-paced environment and will suit an ambitious individual who wants to take their career to another level.
The successful candidate will be appointed by April 2021 and the role will ideally suit a young professional graduate who has a sense of humour in addition to other valued traits such as drive, hard work, and good communication skills and a clear passion for craft beer. The individual will require professional qualifications in design and CAD drawings and both are a pre-requisite for this role.
It is the ideal time to join the team to be a part of our sustained growth as Mad Squirrel continues expand its brand equity and number of tap rooms around the South East. The position is full-time and will be based at our Hemel Hempstead head office.
- Creation of label & packaging designs for print.
- An active role in the entire design process, brand building and copywriting.
- An understanding of pre-press printing techniques.
- Balance business strategy goals with brand focused visual design.
- Work with the management team to execute design-based projects.
- Create print ready proofs for feedback from management.
- Work with external suppliers to manage transfer and approval of artwork.
- Continually evolve our brands as they grow and develop.
- Define and develop brand guidelines and toolkit as a brand champion.
- Creation of content for web and social media.
- Interior and exterior design of current and future outlet and taproom spaces.
- Manage and keep up-to-date:
- All deign resources for company wide use.
- Web CMS.
- All Marketing materials.
- All packaging and label stock.
- 1+ years of design experience or Graduate from a highly regarded University.
- Degree in design or related field.
- Significant Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Proficient with Mac OS.
- Basic CAD skills (SketchUp).
- A unique perspective, while maintaining brand consistency and integrity.
- A self-starter, able to work independently with good attitude and solid work-ethic.
- Adaptable with an open-mind, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, while working on multiple projects.
- Must be open to feedback with the ability to offer ideas.
- A solid communicator.
- A good problem solver capable of implementing corrective action quickly when needed
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A strong portfolio of creative work that demonstrates design talent.
Benefits & Perks:
- Salary: £25,500 - £27,000 Per Annum dependent on experience.
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- A cash monthly beer allowance.
- 15% discount off all tap rooms through membership card.
- 50% cash discount off Pizza and food plus membership points.
- Company Pension scheme.
To apply please e-mail email@example.com.