Business Development Executive
Location: Mad Squirrel Brewery, Potten End, Hertfordshire, HP1 2SG
Salary: £25k+ dependent on experience
Job Type: full-time
This exciting full-time role is part of the sales and marketing team and reports directly to the Managing Director.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a professional account manager with at least two years’ experience obtained within a FMCG environment, preferably in the alcohol industry and ideally in a similar super premium brewery to Mad Squirrel. We are a small but dynamic team looking to grow rapidly both nationally and internationally and the successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running, building new distribution within all sectors of the market including particular focus on the on-premise and multiple on-trade retailers.
- Working closely with the board of directors on developing potential revenue streams in line with agreed strategies.
- The ability to build and expand detailed spreadsheets to help move the business plan forward for volume growth.
- Someone who is passionate about building world beer and super premium craft beer brands marketing the virtues of these brands to consumers and the trade alike.
- Maximising potential revenues in existing customers whilst generating new revenue streams with new customers.
- Identifying and developing opportunities via the on trade, off trade and direct sales channels, utilizing the latest software to assist these objectives.
- Sales experience. We are looking for someone with at least 2 years experience in sales/marketing, ideally within a progressive drinks company or craft beer business.
- Must be used to working under pressure and demonstrate a can-do attitude in a fast-growing business. Must be a very good communicator.
- Ideally you will have a professional qualification in a business-related subject at degree or diploma level or WSET Qualifications.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the trade, ideally with existing contacts and have passion for the drinks industry, with particular focus on craft and world beer brands.
- A good understanding of modern IT, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word – the ability to learn other forms of job specific software, such as Brewman.
We need you to be
Organised: You will need to manage your time effectively and be able organise your movements in a professional and accountable manner.
Effective at time keeping: Planning and working to time scales is vitally important to avoid delays to customers, and knock on effects within the brewery.
A good communicator: You’ll be dealing with customers and all brewery departments on a daily basis and will need to build and manage a range of relationships.
Right First Time: be able to demonstrate you care about getting it right every time – attention to detail is really important to us.
Able to drive with a clean driving licence: This is a requirement.
Located: Must live within one hour of Mad Squirrel Brewery – Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP1 2SG.
Remuneration and Package
- Salary will be £25k + entirely dependent on experience.
- Qualification for a bonus after a three-month probational period.
- Telephone and laptop will be provided.
- Car mileage or use of company vehicle.
- Company beer discounts.
Please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Mad Squirrel and the rationale behind your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please e-mail email@example.com.